Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro Model A Coaxial Charging Port

What is the size of the charging port on a Maestro model A? Thanks

Best Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

The Maestro did ship with a DC power cable. You might want to look in the box.

However you want a 2.1mm cannon connector.

The shaft length is about 6MM

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The connector pin is 2.1mm.

I highly recommend Switchcraft parts if DiY.

_..--

Answers

• Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭

First, to set the stage: There is an internal battery and then there is the external (user supplied) battery slot that the Maestro rear removable panel covers.

The internal (very short term) battery is charged with the power jack and when turned on. That may take an hour for a discharged battery with just powering up the Maestro (using the AC adapter or via 13V PS.

The USER external battery is NOT charged from the Maestro. The A model was designed to charge that battery but, in the era of exploding user batteries, was disabled. In the very first A version shipped there was a USB wire and users were requested to push it back into the main case. Models delivered after the warning did not have that USB wire included.

That leaves it for the USER to charge their own USER EXTERNAL battery. Mine takes a few hours to charge, depending entirely on the charge current of whatever charger I use.

• I was actually asking about the size of the DC power port on the Back of the Maestro. My power supply died and I wanted to rig up a cable to run it directly off my base power supply. Thanks again and 73

• Thank you

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Did you look in the box for the cable that comes with it?

• Yes I did Mike. I put it up in a very safe place......so safe I can't find it! Tnx

• Mike-VA3MW

You won't be the only person who has done that.

When I do it, I imagine I have one and I want to put it in a safe place. Then, I go there and find the original.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.