Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

how to setup wsjt-x with 6600m

w5ap
w5ap Member ✭✭
edited March 2023 in Third-Party Software

Can't find a reference on how to get WSJT-X to work with my 6600M

ie: what to set in WSJT-X settings for RIG

NETWORK SERVER, MODE ETC

What was once working has been erased with an update

Tagged:

Best Answer

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓

in SmartSDR CAT create a TCP CAT port 5004 for slice A.

In SmartSDR DAX make sure DAX TX is enabled and set to 48. Make sure DAX RX 1 is enabled and at 34.

In SmartSDR select DIGIU. On right side control panel make sure DAX is enabled. In the Slice A flag select DAX channel 1. Set TX bandwidth to 100 - 3000.

In WSJT-X Settings/Radio

Set radio to Flex 6xxx. In the network address set it to 127.0.0.1:5004

Set PTT to CAT. Set the Split to none. Set mode to Digital.

In Settings/Audio. Set TX to DAX TX and RX to DAX RX 1. (NOT DAX IQ 1)

Now in WSJT-X

In main program select mode. Set it to FT8.

On right side set power slider all the way up.

On left side select band and frequency from pull down. It may show several frequencies per band. Google for a list of the standard FT 8 frequencies. 20 meters is 14.074. 40 meters is 7.074.

You should be decoding now. If you click the Tune button in WSJT-X it should transmit and level meter peak indicator in SmartSDR should be right before zero and yellow, not red.

Dave wo2x

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
  • w5ap
    w5ap Member ✭✭

tnx .... very helpful

I think my problem was that I was getting a popup window that prevented any setting changes to wsjt-x

So uninstalling / restarting the computer / re-installing solved that problem

• AC8ZU
    AC8ZU Member
    I have 6600 that I recently purchased. I have all four slices linked to 4 copies of WSJT-X. Everything works great for a short while. Then something happens, and one copy starts transmitting on that matches a different copy of WSJT (copy 1 20m transmits on 17m which is tied to slice 2. Each copy of Wsjt-X is linked to a different smart cat (.5003 - .5006) do see any issue with my setup:
  • af8z
    af8z Member
    What do 48 and 34 refer to? How do I get to them to set it?
  • af8z
    af8z Member
    My signal level on WSJT is running ~78 instead of the 30 dB in the WSJT manual. Runing WSJT 2.6.1 and SDR 3.4.21. Does this really matter? or How to fix it?
  • Karl
    Karl Member ✭✭

Try turning the RX Gain down on your DAX slice to lower the radio signal going into WSJT-X

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

In DAX control panel, set DAX RX at 34 and DAX TX at 48. Move the slider and you will see the values.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.