Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex Crash

Options

So. I just had my 6600 Crash on me. I believe I saw 2 flashing red lights. Then I noticed a reboot of the flex. It is now back online with solid green, I am assuming the GPS is starting up, maybe, dont have software running yet. How can I discover what the crash was about. Is there a log or something somewhere??

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi Glenn

You can't. If it happens again, you may want to open a support ticket.

Mike

• Glenn Depp
    Glenn Depp Member ✭✭
    Options

Sure except I dont want to send radio off for 6 months...

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Glenn, hopefully it won't take 6 months to get your radio repaired and back. My experience, and it was early in the pandemic, was less than a week turnaround. ( I live less than 200 miles from Flex Radio )

Flex Radio's tech support is top notch. And there's always the possibility they can help you find the problem in case it isn't the radio causing your problem.

Good luck.

James

WD5GWY

• Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Not sure where you are located Glenn Depp while you don't disclose your callsign. Even if in Europe with only one servicecenter it will still doesn't take 6 months. I hade my Flex sent to Germany for repair last year and it was back within 3 weeks. Most of the 3 weeks it was travelling in the hands of slow moving DHL.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

It looks like Glen in in the US. Turn around time on hardware repairs is a few weeks generally for the service center in Austin TX.

The sooner you send it in (if that is the right course of action) the sooner you get it back.

• Chris WX7V
    Chris WX7V Member ✭✭
    Options

Michael,

Can we request better debug tools. My flex crashed today but restarted just fine - was during a CW QSO. maybe it was just a power surge but would be good to be able to review logs.

Glen, I have two flex radios- 6400M had to be sent in because the screen died. Took about three weeks if I recall- and I live in Dallas. I had a subsequent issue with a corrupted SD card - wouldn’t boot periodically- but flex sent me a replacement to swap out myself so I didn’t have to send it in. I did send in the old SD card as flex requested it for diagnosis but never heard anything back.

Chris de WX7V

• Glenn Depp
    Glenn Depp Member ✭✭
    Options

My mistro too over 6 months so didnt charge me. But this time it had crashed again the other day but with a ticket submitted they got back with me quick. Had me do a hard hard reset, press power button till white. Lost all of my profiles but didnt have many anyway. Hope it works out.

Glenn

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.