Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6700 2 meter operation with Q5 432 transverter using the transverter post

Terry Erlacher
Terry Erlacher Member ✭✭
How do I use 2 meters on the 6700 when the transverter port is used by a Q5 432 transverter? I understand an amplifier must be used to have useable RF output for two meters.

Answers

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

Use a Q5 2MLDPA 2 meter Amplifier and this diplexer switch Q5 sells

http://q5signal.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=64&product_id=74

it will even allow full duplex operation if you setup the q5 432 for split IF. Read the DIPS PDF for full details.

http://q5signal.com/image/catalog/DIPS.pdf

• Larry, My Q5 L432 is a common IF
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

You can change it easily to split IF, the board is labeled, you just have to move a soldered coax to a differant set of pads on the board. I did mine without any instructions, the board is labeled well. If you don't need full duplex, you can leave it set for common IF and it will still do what you want.

If you want full duplex contact Corey at Q5 and he will send you the BNC cable to mount on the back of the transverter.

• Larry, So if i understand correctly , I can daisy chain the 2MLDPA and L432 Tranverter using the Q5 diplexor without having to turn off the 2MLDPA to enable the bypass function? I am using a Comet diplexer to route the transverter to my 70 cm Diamond X50 vertical antenna. The 2 meter output of the Comet Diplexer is used for my Wires X Node transmitter a Yaesu FTM-100

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

Correct, this is the solution for the 6700 with only one transverter port. The PDF file shows the diagram how to connect everything.

• Larry I ordered the Q5 2MLDPA 2 meter with common IF and remote option. Corey of Q5 Signals confirmed the bypass switching will be done with software. The common IF means I will not have full duplex with the 6700, I have an Icom 9700 when I need to have full duplex capability. 73, Terry KC4DV

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.