Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smart Link not registering

Options

I am trying to use my iPad for remote control. I go to register SmartLink on the home computer but the registration is always unsuccessful. It says 'PTT timeout'. Help anyone?

Comments

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

You do realize, Cy, that when registering SmartLink, one of the steps is to key the mike, tap the key, or assert PTT on the radio's PTT input? Unless you have physical access (via relay or at the radio), you cannot register SmartLink. Hope I'm not stating the obvious.

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Ted VE3TRQ

That's not the problem he's having. I am trying to use my iPad on my local network. It's not connecting via SmartLink.

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Options

You cannot connect via SmartLink on your local network if your radio and iPad are on that same network, if that is what you are trying to do - you need to use a different network, maybe tether your cellphone to make it work.

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Options

I misstated and should have known better. I should have said. I can't connect my iPad on my home network. For some reason it wants me to sign in again.

• Cy Stanway
    Cy Stanway Member ✭✭
    Options

VE3TRQ....well, sometimes stating the obvious is the right thing to do! All I had to do was PTT the radio and presto, it works!!

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Happy it worked for you, Cy.

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Mine's working now. I didn't have to do a thing. @Ted VE3TRQ I had it all wrong.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

This video might be good to review as I tried to explain few things and I start right at the beginning.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.