Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

REMOTEHAMRADIO with Maestro

I am trying to help a friend who brought his Maestro to my place in Arizona. He is trying to get the Maestro to work with REMOTEHAMRADIO. He can operate REMOTEHAMRADIO with his Apple laptop however he wants to connect with his Maestro. We have watched the videos over at RemoteHamRadio and they imply once the Maestro is logged into SmartSDR after the laptop accesses a radio with the browser that that radio should somehow magically appear in the Maestro Rig Select window. That does not happen for us. The Maestro sits there with the message No Radios to Operate.

My question is how is this supposed to work? When we go to a site in RemoteHamRadio is that site somehow supposed to know about the Maestro and register itself using the Internet? How does the RemoteHamRadio site even know there is a Maestro out there. I did not see any configuration to tell RemoteHamRadio about SmartSDR. Is there supposed to be communication between the laptop and the Maestro to get the radio to appear as a selection on the Maestro. Perhaps if I knew how it is supposed to work I could try to troubleshoot it. I used to work with computer networking.

I am wondering if the Cox Cable router is blocking communication from RemoteHamRadio. Would using a VPN for the connection between the Apple laptop and the RemoteHamRadio website possibly address this issue?

I can find no explanation on the RemoteHamRadio site or the FlexRadio Maestro User Manual that suggests how this would work.

Thanks for any help that could help me understand.

Best Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓

I would suggest opening a Help Desk ticket with Remote Ham Radio. They were quick to reply to an e-mail I sent to them one time.

Your Maestro would need to log into a SmartLink account the radio is logged into. I do not know how their radio system is configured to give an answer.

Dave wo2x

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

Please contact RHR.

Answers

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭

I tried to get this to work several times and didn't have very good luck either.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.