Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Installation of FreeDV fails

Options
Hi there,

I use a Flexradio 6400 with v3.2.39, and Windows 8.1. SmartSDR_FreeDV_Waveform_Installer.exe has been installed. In SmartSDR I can install a new waveform FreeDV v1.05.
(It sounds strange for me that the file is from 2015. Is that correct? Could that be?)

That's all for the success and the current positive results.
The following does not work:
- SmartSDR FreeDV Waveform does not find a free slice A, it reports with:" No Free DV Slice"
- I have no FDV mode in the menu

What is my mistake?
Thank you for any hints and tipps.
Mike
DL2MHB

Answers

• Mike24
    Mike24 Member
    Options
    In the meantime the support returns to my inquiery. FreeDV as wavetime integration is not supported any more. The solution is to use FreeDV as a third party application and connect the SmartSDR via DAX.
    Mike, DL2MHB
  • K5WH
    K5WH Member ✭✭
    Options
    Mike, there have been some GREAT strides in solving this problem, and we are testing that out right now, as I type. So, if you get the time to check in with us on the FreeDV QSO finder sometime at qso.freedv.com, I can provide a lot more detail on how this is working.
    All the best,
    Walter/K5WH

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.