Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can’t connect when internet is down. -help

Harold Rosee
Harold Rosee Member ✭✭
edited November 2021 in Networking

I have a 6600m. Every time my internet goes down I can no longer connect to the radio from my PC that is on the same LAN.

I have a spectrum modem with my own ASUS router. The router has a couple of switches hooked up to it. I have the radio and PC on one of the switches. I have also moved them to the router. Neither way can I connect on the LAN to the radio when the internet is down. This has always been a problem but in the past I just rebooted the radio up using using the face to operate it.

why can’t I connect?

thanks for any help.

Harold

W5ZZT

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Harold, do you have the radio set up to use DHCP? If not, that might be the problem.

If you are already set up to use DHCP and can't get a connection, then I would submit a help desk ticket.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Harold

This is strange and it sounds like your ISP's router is messing things up when this happens. You may want to open a support case with your ISP to ask this exact question.

Tell them when the internet fails, you can't communicate with other devices on your LAN.

Both Len and I guessing at this point, but in order to diagnose further, you may want to hire someone to come in and look to collect more facts as to exactly why as they will need to collect some data while simulating an outage.

I hope that helps a bit.

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭

Make sure only one device is issuing DHCP ip addresses.

• Harold Rosee
    Harold Rosee Member ✭✭

I just noticed I never posted what my problem was. It turned out to be my router. The internet connect from the modem was good, it was just the router had issues. Went and bought a new one and back in business.

Harold

W5ZZT

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.