Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Two 6600's, two PC's one Router and no Harmony

Picked up a second 6600 to run transverters for satellite and terrestrial. Each operates on a separate PC that are connected to a 16 port router. Slicemaster has become schizophrenic as to which 6600 to connect to. That is easy enough to address until I want both 6600's using slicemaster at once. Sure I am missing something that I do not understand yet. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Best Answer

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

Check the slice master documentation. You can force it to connect to the radio of your choice. Once you do that, you can have 2 different shortcuts, one for each radio.

--radio-filter FILTER
             FILTER is a string to choose amoung multiple radios
             at start up.  Like filter.txt.

--radio RADIO
             IP Address of the radio to connect to.  For
             use on a routed VPN only.

--station STATION
      	 Name of Multi-Flex station to bind to.

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Joe, on the last tab of Slice Master is a radio chooser. I think that if you choose one radio on one computer and the other radio on the other computer you will get what you are after. You need to scroll all the way to the bottom of this tab to find this option.

• Hello Len,

Thank you for replying. I had that down. What was surprising is that it did not default their the next time. And once corrected, the slices program would open but then quickly close.

The same PC seems to be having an issue with SmartCat as well. Don't know they are related but may have to open a trouble ticket to see. Again thank you for answering. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Oh, OK. Yes, it sounds like a help desk ticket is the right thing to do.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

• The help ticket cleared up some issues I was having. Very quick work on Tim's part. I still have a issue where while I can choose the radio, Slicemaster sees the other PC. Ultimately what I have to do is shut down the other PC. Once done, Slicemaster recognizes the only operating PC on the network. Is there a way to have Slicemaster only recognize the PC it is installed on?

Thank you

• Thank you Mike, that was helpful. Still having it cross over occasionally choosing the right radio but on the other PC. Going to dig further.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.