Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Does the ANT1 and ANT 2 have any isolation ? 6600

I have the 6600 version 3 . I really can't get a straight answer.

I have the SPE Amp 2k , it has SO2R , receive only, I want to use ant 2 on the 6600 connected.

The SPE

Basically i need to know if i am transmitting on 20meters 1.2k watts and listening on 17meter do i have isolation ?

Yes i know not to transmit on 20meter and listening at the same time on 20meter.

It looks like it does mute , I need to know will i be damaging the Receiver on ant 2 ?

Best Answers

• W7NIK
    W7NIK Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Thank you

So it is little complicated , I did not know how identify what I am doing, Full duplex, transmitting on one band and listen on another .

Yeah , I have a OCFD dipole , under a steppir 3 element . probably not a good idea.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓

It is hard to say if that will be a problem or not. If you can get through all the steps in the worksheet, you will know for sure.

If you don't run Full Duplex, you should be fine as the TR switching will take care of both antenna ports. To me, it is way too difficult to have the second receiver going while I am transmitting, so SO2R is not in my future... :- )

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

Yes, there is port Isolation. I need to go dig it up but I think it is about 55db or higher.

You will know if you exceed it as you will get a warning on the SmartSDR screen.

I routinely run that much on a 6600 without issue.

• W7NIK
    W7NIK Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Mike I was going to email you directly thanks you . I tested the antenna with a service monitor, I hooked up the RX antenna set the monitor to frequency of test and at 1200 watts on the steppir 32 watts was received. At 100 watts .30mw

so i

So if SmartSDR mutes antenna 2 while transmit on ant 1 we should be good . ?

Answers

• KD0RC

Here is a worksheet that will get you to the answer based on your situation. The answer to your question depends on antenna proximity, gain, etc.

https://www.flexradio.com/documentation/flex-6000-fdx-power-calculation-worksheet/

• W7NIK
    W7NIK Member ✭✭

This the block diagram . i did the sheet to the best i can , not sure how to set up two panadapters and ant1. xvta

I get no dbm reading at 1 w , but i used the scale on the side of screen . -90 to -70 dbm

I might be calling flex , they are pretty good response

• W7NIK
    W7NIK Member ✭✭

Mike I was going to email you directly thanks you . I tested the antenna with a service monitor, I hooked up the RX antenna set the monitor to frequency of test and at 1200 watts on the steppir 32 watts was received. At 100 watts .30mw

so i

So if SmartSDR mutes antenna 2 while transmit on ant 1 we should be good . ?

• KD0RC

32 Watts is 45.05 dBm, so you should be good (it is WELL under 55 dBm). If you are worried about it, you could sneak up on it a couple hundred watts at a time. Start at 400 and watch for a warning that you are exceeding safe levels (the warning happens well before any damage is done). If you can get it up to 1,200 W without a warning (and I am pretty sure that you can), then you are good to go.

• W7NIK
    W7NIK Member ✭✭

1200 watts gave 32 watts on my receiver of my service monitor , 15 meter and 20 meter was the band testing .

testing on 20 meter frequency and have the service monitor on 15 meters on the RX antenna not bad we should be good .

I am pretty sure when on transmit on ant1 ant 2 mutes . the panadapter goes blank.

All good thank you all for the help

W7nik

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.