Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using MRP40 to monitor CW Sending?

W2ECK
W2ECK Member ✭✭
edited November 2021 in Third-Party Software
I'd like to use MRP40 or some other program,  to monitor my CW sending. In other words decode what I am sending. Was able to do this with previous radio but haven't figured out how to do with my new 6600. Any ideas on how this can be done? 

Paul
w2eck

Answers

• John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭

Any update on this Paul? Did you get the MRP40 integrated with your Flex radio? @W2ECK

• W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭

John

Yes, I was able to get MRP40 to monitor my CW sending. I installed a splitter cable in the phone jack on my 6600. One leg of the splitter goes to my phones and the other leg goes to the "Line In" jack on my win 10 PC Sound card ( add on sound card- but should work with embedded sound card also)

So then in MRP40 - Options - Show Sound card- Select RX Sound card- I have picked Line IN ( Sound Blaster Audigy) . I have a Sound Blaster card but you should see Line In & what sound card you have.

BTW: this same set up works for other Programs. I have tried it with CWGet and CW Decoder. Of the three, I prefer CW Decoder.

I have found having CW Decoder open when practicing sending has helped my accuracy and spacing a great deal.

Hope this helps

73 Paul w2eck

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭

Why are you not using DAX? It is designed for exactly this purpose: to provide audio in/out from the Flex to other applications that require audio. Examples: WSJT-X, CW decoders, or RTTY programs like MMTTY. On your CW decoder, select the proper DAX receive channel...

73, Craig KØCF

• W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭

Because, at least for me, it doesn't work.

If I use DAXAudio RX 1 or whatever RX # applicable, these programs will decode received CW, but not my sent CW. DAX Reserved Audio TX will not decode my sending, which is my main purpose of doing this.

So if you have got Decoding the sent side to work, maybe I am doing something wrong. Please let me know your setup.

73 Paul w2eck

• W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭

Got a notification that Mike VA3MW had commented on this thread, but can't find his input.

73 Paul w2eck

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭

Paul,

Yes, my error. For some reason, Flex does not make the transmitted CW monitor available to DAX. It would certainly be nice if they did, wouldn't it?

Your solution is probably the only way right now.

73, Craig KØCF

• Chris WX7V
    Chris WX7V Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022

@Craig_KØCF I believe you are right - CW is not available in DAX. There are threads here in the flexradio community documenting this feature request since 2014. The only solution that seems to work is to use the audio splitter- one leg to your headphones, the other into the line in on your PC audio sound card.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

The CW Monitor Audio is not available via DAX.

What you can do is run a physical cable from the device that you get CW audio from (radio, Maestro, etc) into the PC Line in and then have your CW program decode that audio stream.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.