Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

"NDI" driver issue

Dave KC9EI
Dave KC9EI Member ✭✭

While installing some "NDI" software (not NDIS) on a local laptop on my network, my 6600M rebooted and failed to start. I started getting two "red" slow flashing power switch lights. After numerous attempts to power off, restart, on and on... I reset to factory and recovered. The radio is working fine now and seems to be fine even with the NDI protocol running on the network.

I do have an external GPS running and the power button does not go off completely unless I disconnect the actual power into the radio... which I tried as well.

I'm putting this out "just in case" someone else has seen this as well. NDI is a new(er) semi-protocol to allow screen sharing over IP, even KVM.

FYI

Dave KC9EI

Best Answer

Answers

• Dave KC9EI
    Dave KC9EI Member ✭✭

Mike,

Three questions:

What is your definition of "outside communication?"

Is SmartSDR considered "outside communications?"

Is Node-Red capable of rebooting a 6600M?

Inquiring minds would like to know. :)

See you on the webinar.

Dave KC9EI

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

The 6600M, which runs Windows embedded has its own Firewall that only allows communication to the radio in the same cabinet. It would not see any of your NDI packets.

Communication with the actual radio on port 4992 is possible and rebooting is possible with NodeRed or even FRStack.

There are 2 unique computer systems in the M models.

I hope that helps.

• Dave KC9EI
    Dave KC9EI Member ✭✭

This will be my last post on this subject since it is obviously going nowhere.

My point was simple. When installing the NDI software on another computer on the local network, it did indeed cause the radio (6600M) to reboot and would only recover after performing factory restore.

Further, this is not the first time this has happened on the network. I probably have more running than on this network that most people do, which may have some cause and effect.

The fact that NodeRed can actually reboot the radio indeed DOES prove something outside the actual radio can cause what I'm describing happened or similar.

I was only wishing to document what happened for future reference if needed.

Best Regards

Dave KC9EI

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.