Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Direct connection from Maestro to 6600

Pat KØPC
Pat KØPC Member ✭✭

I am trying to track down some birdies in my receiver. I plan to cut all power to the house and then turn circuits on one by one to find the offender.

I am running the 6600 and Maestro off battery power and I planned to make a direct connection from the Maestro to the 6600, eliminating any router or switch which runs on house power.

I can't get the Maestro to see the 6600 when I use a direct connection. The Maestro comes up and asks me to choose a WiFi Network.

I have used the ethernet cable I normally use for the radio directly to the Maestro and made sure I was NOT in the mic connector. I've tried booting the radio and Maestro in different order without success.

What am I doing wrong?

73, Pat KØPC

Best Answer

• Pat KØPC
    Pat KØPC Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

I found the problem. I was running the Maestro on the internal batteries, not plugged into separate power. I now remember reading somewhere that the ethernet connection is off when running on batteries.

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Yep, that is it. Glad you figured it out.

• Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭

My phone's Ethernet is happy to run all day, and I get the option to shut if off if I want. Why can't Maestro match that?

73 DE AA6E

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭

Out of curiosuty which phone do you have that connects to an Ethernet cable? Are you using an OTG adapter?

• Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭

Misspoke - does a live Ethernet take so much power? Obviously it will shorten a battery session, but I could imagine wanting Ether on battery for testing, etc. Warn the user about discharge rate. Even better, show battery time remaining on a meter.

A normal laptop manages all this.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.