Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Mouse does not work on 6600M

My 6600M just arrived today. I put it on the bench and wired up power, network, dummy load and a mouse. Did a software downgrade by mistake but quickly upgraded to the latest version once I understood the icons.

The first thing I noticed was a smell similar to a burnt component, but it COULD be just new paint. In any case, I saw no smoke.

However, the mouse did not do anything. I tried two different mice - both work on my Windows computers and Raspberry Pi. Is the mouse not supposed to be working locally on the 6600M?

73 de va7qi, ....Erik.

Answers

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭

Hi Erik, the USB ports are for CAT and band data cables and do not support mouse.

PS: congrats on ur 160m sigs, often the only western NA into EU.

73 de Erik EI4KF

• va7qi
    va7qi Member ✭✭
    Hi Erik,

Thanks for the answer. The documentation is a little ambiguous on that point.

Thanks for the QSO on 160 and hope to work you on other bands as well.

73 de va7qi, ....Erik.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Hi Erik @va7qi

We don't mention keyboard or mouse at all. Is the ambiguous part that we don't say that? :)

• va7qi
    va7qi Member ✭✭
    Hi Mike,

The SmartSDR manual section 12.2 mentions using the mouse.
    Perhaps there should be a separate manual for the M versions? As it is I find it difficult to separate the different interfaces.

BTW, I had to install SmartSDR on my Windows machine so I could get DAX and CAT - and the installation crashed Windows. It looks like something did not install right; I had to re-install in order get CAT working. Both DAX and CAT seem to work fine now.

73 de va7qi, ....Erik.
  • Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭

Hi Erik, it case it helps: I found this document to be of help as I have a M model as well...

It covers M model specifics, though I do still use the SmartSDR manual as well. Take a look if you haven't already.

Erik EI4KF.

• va7qi
    va7qi Member ✭✭
    Thanks, I totally missed that one. ....Erik.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.