Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Last Question Before Pulling the Trigger on a Q5 L144-28HP150 ...

Ok, I'm about to pull the trigger on this transverter ...

I've watched all the videos I could find & read everything I could too ...

I'm running a 6600M and plan to (at the very least) do some 2M SSB & CW and maybe some satellite work later next year after getting the 70cm transverter (we will see) ...

Anyway, can any of you that run this unit review these options I've selected below and provide any insight? I believe what I have selected is correct. However, I'd like to make sure I have it right before I order ...

Best Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓

This all looks good. The common RF assumes that you won't be using a mast-mounted LNA. For weak-signal work that would be a consideration. Some of the choices that you make (like common IF) can be changed with a soldering iron, but some are pretty much set once you order. The Q5 documentation has information on that.

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Do not hesitate to address Q5 customer service with your questions. They are both prompt and knowledgeable.

Answers

• w1smc
    w1smc Member ✭✭

Len, Thanks for reviewing this for me and providing your insight ...

Steve / W1SMC

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Tell Corey that you are using a Flex radio when you order.

• w1smc
    w1smc Member ✭✭

Thanks Mike .....

Hey do you happen to know a good place to get the IF cables online? I have the RCA cables but no IF cables.

Thanks,

Steve / W1SMC

• w1smc
    w1smc Member ✭✭

Mike, I fired off an email to Corey to let him know the transverter is for a 6600m ... He came back to me right away & thanked me ... He also provided some information about the IF cables to use for the radio ...

Steve / W1SMC

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

I don't think Corey sleeps. :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.