Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Slice-Master and aggregation server woes

Options

Trying to get the aggregation server running along with CW skimmer. After starting Slice-Master with CW skimmer, I have the "Enable aggregation server" box ticked, and the "spot sources" ticked. Nothing shows up, and if I try to telnet into the server at port 7300 (default port in Slice-Master) I am greeted with the log-in screen, and asking for my call, it throws two line feeds when I tries to log in, then nothing. I attemted to verify that skimmer server was running, by logging out Slice-Master connections, and then telnet into port 7301 (set by Slice-Master) but nothing, but a blank screen, but closing skimmer will give an error at the telnet connection.

Running skimmer as a stand-alone, and using port 7300 works with telnet, and shows spots beeing created.

Not sure what I am doing wrong :(

Lasse SM5GLC

Best Answer

• Lasse SM5GLC
    Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Things are getting even more complicated! Left the Slice-Master running for an hour, and by pure magic spots start to show up, and I have yet to do a thing :) And yes telnetting into port 7300 shows the spots too.

Pure magic!

Answers

• KO8SCA
    KO8SCA Member
    Options
    I seem to have the same exact issue. Anyone found a solution for this?
  • Lasse SM5GLC
    Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Guess I was too quick to celebrate :( It is back to "normal" non-working again. Very odd...

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

I tested it on the weekend and it works fine for me.

Here it is with HRD connected to it as my cluster concentrator. It is pretty slick actually and you can see the spotter is VA3MW/A for Slice A.

This is a very cool feature of SliceMaster.

• Lasse SM5GLC
    Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Good to know it works for others! It's just me and Adrian that seems to struggle.

Looks like it's the "built-in" SliceMaster cluster server that is malfunctioning. It does not show any spots from my CW-skimmer, and when Telnetting into the server ask for callsign and the no more, but reading the statusline in SliceMaster shows errors. Oddly it has come to life a few times, if I leave it alone running for some time. And choosing other sources (i.e. DX Summits) for spots do work OK.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.