Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CWX and CW control panel

W5AP
W5AP Member
edited June 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
How do I open a CW panel?  As described in the Smart SDR manual, the description must be out of date as I can't duplicate the procedure to open the CW panel. Can anyone help or am I missing something?   Using software 2.1.133 and a 6600M.   I am also looking for a description of what the CWX is??  de Jim - 

Best Answer

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

@w4ccq

No, a PTT port is not required and in fact SmartSDR CAT and DAX do not even need to be running.

When you CW mode on SmartSDR you click on the CWX label in the bottom left.

You can type a message and then hit send or you can click live and the radio will send CW as you type.

Give it a try.

Answers

• Bill-N6RV
    Bill-N6RV Member
    edited April 2018
    On the left side of the lower ribbon of the SmartSDR window there are 5 items . The fourth item from the left says CWX. Click on it. CWX is the keyboard CW system. You can send from your keyboard as well a create and use canned messages. It is pretty self explanatory once you find :-) but that is always the issue.

Bill

• John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Since you say you have a 6600M I will assume that you are trying to open the CWX panel on the 6600M front panel.  If this is correct then I am sorry to tell you that cannot be done.  Instead you can program the Function keys (F1-F6) with CW messages and press them when you want to send the message.  You can find the programming of the Function keys in the manual.  Just select Send CW and type the message you want.

Another option if you want to use the CWX panel that comes with SmartSDR on the computer but still use the front panel of the 6600M is to install on your computer a free program call FRStacks.  In this program once configured and connected allows you to use the CWX panel exactly like it is used on SmartSDR but without running SmartSDR on the PC.  You will find it does alot of other stuff that might be useful when operating your 6600M from the front panel.
  • W5AP
    W5AP Member
    edited April 2018
    Do you know if there are any locations to see how to set up Slice Master?
    No luck launching CW Skimmer (although I have Skimmer up and running)
  • WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    It's a great piece of software but unfortunately, I don't use it with CW Skimmer(yet) or I would help you here.  You have kind of posted in the wrong thread.   If Don, K1DBO, the software author  doesn't see this shortly, look for a thread on Slice Master and post there.  Don will get back to you and is glad to help. 
    Bob, WK2Y
  • w4ccq
    w4ccq Member
    help needed in cwx operation. is a ptt comm port needed? How do you get it to transmit? Please direct me to setup instructions I find little info in ssdr manual.
  • w4ccq
    w4ccq Member
    thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.