Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Customer Service

Steve Guest
Steve Guest Member
edited December 2023 in Amateur Radio Interests
Who do you have to **** at Flex to get a return phone call from anyone ? Seems like customer service has gone completely out the window. Spent over $20K in the past (2) years as well.

Comments

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

@Steve Guest

If you're having a problem with you're rig. I's best to open a help desk ticket.

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@Steve Guest

We know that some of our customers prefer direct inbound phone calls and we wish we could jump on phone calls at a moment notice. We continue to work to figure out a way to make it work economically.

As Ed mentioned, in order to make sure we don't drop the ball on any customer communication we have to use the Helpdesk system to assist with customers. Yes, this means you need to deal with an email or web interface.

If you want to outline your issue, I can get a ticket opened for you so that it can get to the right person and accurately responded to.

• I have left JP (3) voice messages in the past week +. He never returns a call. Last time I spoke with him (8/21) he stated that my tuners would be shipped before the end of September. Please keep in mind my friend received both of his tuners in July. It would be nice to know what is going on with this order ???
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Hi Steve

I passed on your message. TGXLs manufacturing has been impacted by some basic parts delays from time to time. They have been hugely popular since day one, so there are a lot on back order.

• We all understand there can be delays , but why not at least let your clients know about this instead of ignoring their calls? Would it be too much to ask for an update via e-mail ? What makes matters worse is my friend received both of his units on 8/4/21 and we ordered them on the same day !
  • Mike-VA3MW

Hi Steve

I can't answer why the discrepancy and JP does not do order fulfillment. JP and I are not in the office at all, so it is hard for us to fully engaged with order fulfillment.

In order to follow up on orders, you can email the fulfillment team at orders@flexradio.com. If you do email them, make sure you include your friends name so that they can cross reference things.

• halmassey
    halmassey Member ✭✭

I think a common misconception was just corrected. I didn't know about the orders.flexradio.com avenue. Thanks!

• I'm trying that avenue now as I still can't get ahold of ANYONE regarding this order...
  • Mike-VA3MW

@Steve Guest

You have a few options as I mentioned. Emailing orders@flexradio.com (btw, LOTS of people email with the same question every day-when will it be shipped). If you email JP, he has to email the same people and wait for them to get back to him.

If you call, make sure you leave a message if they are not able to answer the phone.

What I can say is that a LOT of tuners were shipped yesterday. A LOT. While yours may or may not have been shipped, it does mean that we are getting closer to your order being fulfilled.

A lot of the parts in the TGXL are hand built, such as all the coils. This takes time and people and only so many can be built in 1 week.

Hang in there, you will get yours soon enough.

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭

We all can understand covid related delays but emailing orders@flexradio.com simply results in a reply that they will be filled as soon as possible. Pretty much useless info sorry to say.

I've given up trying to get status and figure when the charge comes in for the TGXL I'll know.

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭

I recently inquired about the status of my TG-XL order placed on May 24th. JP was quick to respond and stated my order should be shipped in late November or early December.

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭

Better than I can get. Hope you get it soon!

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭

I also ordered the TG-XL on May 24th. I have called and got connected to shipping then I was disconnected. I also sent an email and have not heard from anyone.

Don - kx9q

• MichaelR
    MichaelR Member, Unconfirmed
    Hi all:
    I'm new to the community. As I'm a blind ham in Newfoundland Canada and I'm considering a new rig. As the VGS chip which is responsible for speech support in Kenwood rigs is no longer available and with Yaesu having no speech support and Icom next to none, I'm thinking that the only real accessibility solution is the Flex. There are a number of clients available, Dog Park SDR, Smart SDR for IOS and there's a windows client written by a blind ham called JJ Radio. The issue here is, I have no way to test the true accessibility of these clients. I'm here on the community to see if I could get some help with this. I'd like to try remoting into a possible flex 6400 for testing purposes, maybe just a couple of sessions. 1 to test dpsdr and the other to test JJ Radio. If somebody would like to get in touch with me off this form I'm good on QRZ if you would like to set something up in the new year.
    Seasons greetings to all and a happy and prosperous 2024.

Best 73:
    Michael DE VO1OP
  • Mike-VA3MW

From what I heard, the best choice would be DogPark SDR as it correctly works with the accessibility features on a Mac. https://dogparksoftware.com/dogparkSDR.html. You can also easily email the author.

I've heard that SmartSDR for MAC does not and I am not sure about Windows.

Hopefully, others can chime in.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.