Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TX Gain Setting on DAX

Options

GE Guys,

I was operating a little bit of 40 Meter CW with my 6400M. My TX Gain setting on DAX is currently 42. I was wondering what it should be for operating CW or SSB? Should these settings change or should they be fairly consistent for both?

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Best Answer

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Mark, DAX passes audio into/out of the radio from other computer programs. So if you are running a digital mode like PSK31 or FT8, then the program (things like Fldigi or WSJT-X) would send modem tones to the radio using DAX. You would adjust the DAX TX Gain the same way you would adjust mic gain.

If you are keying CW using paddles or a keyer plugged into the back of the radio or using CWX, then DAX is not being used. If you are on SSB with a mic plugged into the radio, you are not using DAX.

Answers

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Len, I didn't know that. I learned something new this evening.

Mark KB3Z

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

DAX is only used for digital modes. Think of it as an external sound card.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.