Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Node Red with PG XL, TG XL, and Antenna Genius

Hi all,

Been updating Node Red for integration to my new Tuner Genius. Here’s a screenshot of the new configuration.

73 Dave wo2x

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Very impressive Dave!

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Now, build a display into your Teensy Maestro and incorporate Node Red too. That would be kick ****!

73 Dave wo2x

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hey Dave, Well, I don't know about porting Node Red to the Teensy board, but with all that you have done with Node Red to this point, it seems like a Raspberry PI running Node Red could do at least as much as I have done with the TeensyMaestro.

The only thing that might be a bit tricky is the keyer. Keyer timing is really critical. I use interrupts to capture paddle actuations and timers with interrupts to time dots and dashes very precisely. That way, when you touch a paddle, you get exactly the same (within microseconds) start of a code element every time. The dots, dashes and inter-element spaces are all exactly the same, regardless of whatever else might be going on in the processor.

Of course the keyer does not need to be integrated in, I just did that because I could... (the joys of project scope creep without the pain from management!)

Anyway, that is an interesting idea, and could lead to easier customization by the end users. You are going to get me to play with Node Red yet... :- )

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

Good evening Dave, I was wondering if you have had any luck getting a Flow for the TGXL for Node-Red, I can't seem to see one on your Node-RED files directory

Thanks a lot

• David Decoons, wo2x

Hi Bret

I will send my updated PG XL and new TG XL flows later tonight. My shack is 3/4 back together after Field Day. I’m out right now.

Dave wo2x

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

I understand, fortunately I have enough Radio equipment I don't take mine out of the shack unless I have to work on something.

I was dumb enough to go in to my Layout and it kinda crashed and added about a thousand 9X1 Spaces, so not knowing Node-RED that well I found it quicker to just build a new Group and move just the desired components over to the new group.

one of these days I may get NODE-RED figured out.

Anyway got it working again and looking good

Anyway look forward to adding the new flows

• David Decoons, wo2x

I just uploaded my Power Genius and Tuner Genius flows to the Node Red site.

Here's a screenshot of what they look like.

Dave wo2x

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

I clearly need to do a total redo on my NodeRed interface.

Nice work Dave!

• David Decoons, wo2x

Hi Mike

I am going to start working on redoing radio metering logic in the FlexRadio flow. I am going to upload my latest flows when complete. The rotor, PG XL and TG XL are already updated.

I added template nodes instead of buttons which allows for better looking dashboard buttons.

I have a WMR RigRunner 4005i on order from local dealer. He is quoting 2 to 3 days and I will integrate DC control at that point. I only use RigRunners for low current equipment.

Dave wo2x

• Les Brown
    Les Brown Member ✭✭

I haven't seen any flows for the 4O3A Rotator Genius yet. Is anyone working on one?

• David Decoons, wo2x

Mike VA3MW is going to post one in the morning on the Node Red group.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.