Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

My First Fault on My 6600M

w1smc
w1smc Member ✭✭
edited September 2021 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

Well, I had my first “incident” this morning

I’ve had this radio since 9/8/21. 

I was sitting there listening on 80M SSB on Slice B and I had Slice A on 40M listening for PSK when the radio began screeching at me (alarm I guess) and I lost all receive. 

SSDR was frozen and the Power button was blinking red.

As it was unexpected and the first time, I never thought of counting the number of RED flashes so I could determine what the fault is.

Anyway, after a short time the radio rebooted and the status appears to be back-to-normal?

I have set the radio back to the state it was in before the fault occurred to see if it occurs again.

One other note. I do not leave my radio running after I leave my shack for the evening. I shut down ALL of the software running on my Desktop.

I do however leave the my Astron power supply running.

Comments

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭

Just a question, have you created any Profiles yet. and load them?

• w1smc
    w1smc Member ✭✭

After reading the User Guide I've determined it must have been a Software Crash.

The User Guide states:

In the case of a software crash, the error code repeats for about 15 seconds, then the radio will reboot.

Since the radio did reboot it must have been a Software Crash?

• w1smc
    w1smc Member ✭✭

Erika,

I have a Global & Microphone profile but I did not load them.

Should I be loading the Global profile after launching SSDR?

• w1smc
    w1smc Member ✭✭

Does anyone know if there's a log I can review that can help enlighten me on what occurred?

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

There is no log that can be reviewed for this type of problem.

The crashing of the radio is very unusual but if it happens again, you should open a support ticket so we can look further.

• w1smc
    w1smc Member ✭✭

Thanks Mike.

The radio had been running less than an hour. So yes, unusual. But hey it is what it is. I'll keep y'all posted if it reoccurs. Until then, **** the torpedoes! Full speed ahead.

• Assuming you are using Windows, the Event Viewer will confirm or deny whether the crash was software related. If there is no entry under Custom Views / Administrative Events relating to SmartSDR.exe, then it most likely was due to something else.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@Erik Carling EI4KF

This was a radio/hardware crash, not a SmartSCR Windows crash. I would be surprised if there is anything in the event viewer unless SmartSDR was the source of the radio crash.

• w1smc
    w1smc Member ✭✭

There wasn't anything in the Windows Event Viewer regarding any SSDR issue. And I was not expecting there would be.

As you stated Mike, it was a Radio crash.

I wasn't sure if there is / was an activity log available for review. Or, if there's some radio magic running in the background that may send troubleshooting info back to the Mother Ship, post Radio hiccup?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.