Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Remote Operation Conexant PC Mic

I am operating remote.

Microphone is set to PC.

The correct microphone is definitely selected in Win10 OS. I can see the meter moving in SmartSDR.

When I transmit I get nothing. Meter is still moving with modulation.

DW

Answers

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

More info would be helpful. Which meter is moving? Are you saying that the power output meter doesn’t move during transmit?

• Dennis Wage
    Dennis Wage Member ✭✭

I have Enabled "Enable/Disable the Level Meter During Receive" In Radio Setup as seen below.

I have verified by using the "listen" option in OS 10's sound setup that the microphone, which is plugged into the pink mic input on the computer's sound card as seen below, is working just fine.

With SmartSDR running, and "Show TX in Waterfall" enabled, while talking into the microphone the level meter circled below shows good level, but when I key the radio there is no power out and no activity on the waterfall.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Dennis

I have seen this a few times. Can you remotely reboot the radio and see if the problem goes away?

Mike

• Dennis Wage
    Dennis Wage Member ✭✭

I took the easier route and disabled the internal sound card in the bios and plugged in a $7 Sabrent USB sound card. Problem solved.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.