Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

no TX from WSJT-X FT8

2»

Comments

• mark1161
    mark1161 Member ✭✭
    I went to the AppData Local WSJT-x folder and do not see an wsjt-x ini file.. Is it within another folder in that file?
  • mark1161
    mark1161 Member ✭✭
    Hello Everyone,

I have had the FLEX 6400 and 6300 for years and this is the first time I am having this problem after making thousands of contacts. It just started recently...When transmitting, I will hear the USB disconnection sound in the computer. The radio continues to transmit but on the next "over" the radio will switch into TX but there will be no RF transmitted. I tried the USB solution and expanded all of the Universal Serial Bus controllers to make sure Power Management was not turning them off to save energy. I also changed my Power Settings in Hardware and Sound which was another solution I found in this forum. All to no avail. I restart WSJT and it will work for one transmit and then go dead. All the time, I am hearing the USB disconnection sound in the computer when this happened. As stated by others, it seems that there is a virtual USB port being used here with the software. Of course, the FLEX radio is connected directly via ethernet cable to the computer. This is not a network connection. I would rather avoid swiping the drive and starting from scratch but I have been there and done that before. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Mark
    KK2l
  • It's not a ground system issue, corrosion or break, allowing RF to affect the computer? I mention this because I was getting the USB disconnection ping and found one of my connections to the ground buss had come adrift.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.