Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Loss of receive unless I switch TX to unused antenna port

Hello, I opened a ticket with this issue today. Posting here to see if anyone has come across this issue:

Flex 6700, Software 3.2.29. Windows 10 or Maestro (happens on either interface)

I only have one antenna currently plugged into ANT1. I noticed particularly bad receive performance today but had no problem transmitting with low SWR. After messing around with the radio for a while, I discovered that if I switch the TX to ANT2 while keeping ANT1 selected with RX, I get full RX performance back.

THERE IS CURRENTLY NO ANTENNA CONNECTED TO ANT2 AT ALL.

I have attached screenshots of the difference.

Things I have tried:

-Factory reset

-Recreated the issue with Maestro, not just SmartSDR.

-I moved my antenna to ANT2 port. Then the problem happens in reverse. I cannot get good receive performance unless TX is selected on ANT1.

Comments

• John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭

I have experienced something similar. But I think the explanation is how the RX Ant 1 is getting it’s RF pre-amplifier set higher when the TX is switched to another (in this case unused) antenna.

Please check your slice’s RF pre-amplifier setting to see if you can make it higher and amplify the signals you are receiving on Ant 1.

• Hi John, yes this doesnt seem to be helping. The ANT1 jack is completely dead, even with RF Gain all the way up, unless I turn TX to the unused port. IT must be something gone wrong with the relay circuit...

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

If a reset of the radio does not resolve your issue, it sounds like you have a hardware issue with the radio.

You will need to open a support ticket. If you do, please include your screen shots as they are very helpful.

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202118688-How-to-Submit-a-Request-for-Technical-Support

• Hi Mike, I did open one yesterday with the screenshots. I'm waiting for a reply from someone. Thanks!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.