Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CAT commands in N1MM

Options

I am trying to use CAT commands in N1MM function key messages.

My scenario: a Flex 6600 running SSDR 2.4.10. I have two slices open in the same band in the same panadapter. I want to toggle between the two slices with an N1MM function key, making first one slice active and then then other. I have put {CAT1ASC ZZFR;} in a function key message but nothing happens when I press the function key.

Is my syntax wrong?

Tim K9WX

Comments

• LZ2BE
    LZ2BE Member ✭✭
    Options

Tim, N1MM Logger doesn't allow frequency entering if both radios/VFOs are on same band.

73 Boyan LZ2BE

• Tim K9WX
    Tim K9WX Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks, Boyan, for your reply. I will confess I had not thought of that possibility.

I've done some additional digging and I suspect my problem may also be related to the answer/info supplied by Tim W4TME at https://community.flexradio.com/discussion/comment/19453964#Comment_19453964 where he says:

"All VFO "B" commands will return a "?" unless the radio has been put into SPLIT mode by issuing the ZZSW1: command. When in split mode, the radio automatically create the VFO B slice (you cannot create it manually). And all VFO B CAT commands sent to the VFO A (parent) slice will respond appropriately. 

"Programs that support split only have one CAT port, so both VFO A and VFO B CAT commands are sent to one and only one CAT port.  

"To take the radio out of split, issue the ZZSW0; command."

So, there is apparently more to this than I first thought.

Tim K9WX

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Other than Split mode, you do want to setup any 6000 radio as an SO2R not an SO2V radio. Even if it only has 1 SCU.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.