Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TGXL does not follow active TX slice

My TGXL is not following the active TX slice. I have the Flex6600M, PGXL and TGXL (SO2R version) and run SmartSDR on my PC and use N1MM+ logger. When I have 2 slices open on separate bands and I change the TX focus in N1MM from one band to the other, the radio follows the requested band change but the TGXL does not follow. This is easy to see since the tuning solution doesn't change to the new band. It is only after I start to transmit that the TGXL changes to the tuning solution for the new band. So, when I start to transmit on the new band I sometimes get the high SWR warning from the PGXL since the TGXL hasn't changed its tuning solution in time.

I've opened a ticket for this, but I'm posting here to see if anyone else has seen this behaviour. I'm wondering if there is some configuration setting that I'm missing.

Comments

• K5UFO
    K5UFO Member ✭✭

I have had the same problem. I have resorted to manually tuning to a solution.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

If you set TX delay to at least 20 ms the Tuner Genius will change between A & B side before transmit power is applied.

The TG XL manual specifies the minimum TX delay.

Dave wo2x

• Les Brown
    Les Brown Member ✭✭

Hi Dave,

I've actually set the TX delay to 100 ms hoping to avoid the high SWR warnings. In N1MM, when I hit the right or left arrows to change bands, the radio changes TX focus, so why doesn't the TGXL also receive this command and set its tuning solution for the band and frequency that the radio has TX focus for? This is what I would like to know.

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭

I've found this to be pretty straight forward. With my TG-XL memories set properly, my TG-XL tracks my 6700 slice/band changes perfectly. But if I don't have a particular band or band segment saved in the TG-XL's memory, it will not auto-band/frequency change.

KF4HR

• Les Brown
    Les Brown Member ✭✭

Dan Quigley, N7HQ, connected via Teamviewer to my station last night and solved my problem. As it turns out, I had high packet loss on my LAN (well over 1%). Disabling the so called green mode on my PC NIC and in my Cisco switch eliminated the packet loss. I was likely getting the high SWR warnings due to excessive delays on my LAN due to this high packet loss.

Concerning the TGXL not changing its tuning solution when changing to the other radio on another band until you start to key the transmitter, Dan explained, if I understood well, that this was by design to deal with multiflex, where 2 different stations could be active on different bands, both on their slice A. Currently, the TGXL doesn't know if both radios are being used locally in SO2R or if it is a multiflex situation. It looks like they are investigation a solution for SO2R operation that would allow the TGXL to track the active TX slice locally.

Finally, I wanted to thank Dan and the Flex team for their outstanding support.

73, Les VE3NNT

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.