Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Power, SWR and Temp measurement are not displayed on smart SDR & PGXL

Options

Hello everyone,

In my SmartSdr, with PGXL turned on, I can see the FWD, SWR and temperature measurement window. However, when transmitting with 500W power, none of these values are shown. Is this a bug in the new firmware 3.6.21? Did any of you have such a problem?

Slav

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

We need a bit more information

• Which radio?
    • What version of SmartSDR?
    • MAC or PC?
    • SmartLink or no SmartLink
    • Are there any other applications running, like FRStack, Node-Red, etc? they may also be connecting to the radio?

Can you take a screen shot showing it failing?

The radio software is a critical part of this information sharing.

thanks

• Slawomir
    Slawomir Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Mike,

Everything returned to normal after restarting the computer and turning on SmartSdr. Thank you for your help. I still have a question about configuring the Flex 6700 with WSJtX. I watched your video on Youtube. When I turn on Smart SDR, a window with network data appears after connecting Flex-6700192.168.1.81. Is this the address of the Flex-6700 server. I want to configure CAT. What address should I enter with port 5003? I entered 192.168.1.1:5003 and it doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong?

Slav

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Can you post some screen shots or a video?

192.168.1.81 is likely the IP address of your radio.

CAT automatically connects to the radio, so I am not sure what you looking at. A screen shot makes it so much easier to explain.

• Slawomir
    Slawomir Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi,

Indeed 192.168.1.81 is the IP address of my radio. The window with this address appears briefly when it connects to the radio with SmartSDR, DAX and CAT, while in the JTDX configuration there is no address. After changing the computer to the MSI Z590 ACE board, the network card also in WIN does not allow to map the network drive because it does not find it in the network. I do not know why this is so

Slav

• Slawomir
    Slawomir Member ✭✭
    Options
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Options

Got it! :)

Here is how you need to do it. I am using port 5002.

The key part is that JTDX wants to communicate to CAT directly not the radio. CAT communicates to the radio for you.

You want to use 127.0.0.1:5003 in your case. 127.0.0.1 is an IP address that says communicate to the same pc you using (called Local Host).

Here is mine. Just change the 5002 I use to 5003 the port you are using. I also use Port 5003 but that is for Slice B.

Ports are like phone extension numbers. You can have a bunch of them, you just have to call the right extension (port).

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Options

In JTDX it is better to quote the localhost address for the network server like

127.0.0.1:port number

assuming JTDX is running on the same computer as SSDR.

Baud Rate is irrelevant.

• Slawomir
    Slawomir Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi colleagues,

I did just like in my screenshot and it works. I will try this option of yours in a moment, thank you very much.

Slav

• Slawomir
    Slawomir Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi,

I changed the settings as they are on your screens, everything works very well. Thank you very much. The topic is over.

73's

Slav.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.