Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Unregister a radio from Smartlink

Options
I have a Flex-6500. A few years ago I used Smartlink to connect to a friend's Flex-6600M. I would like to unregister that radio from my startup screen.
I click on radio to select it then click on the button [SmartLink Setup].
The screen changes: the radio is listed and immediate below that is this message:
"The radio and PC must be on the same local network to configure SmartLink".
Below that is a [Test] button.

How do I unregister this radio? tnx

Best Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

See if this works for you.

You have to be physically by your radio as a security measure as we don't want people unregistering a radio they don't own.

1.) Unregister the FLEX-6000 from your SmartLink Account

• Start SmartSDR for Windows. If you are not logged into your SmartLink account, login now.
    • Highlight your radio and click on SmartLink Setup
    • If you see a green check mark and it indicates your radio is "Configured for SmartLink", click on the blue UNREGISTER button.
    • You will get a message that the software is trying to connect to the SmartLink server. When a connection is made, you will get the message "Hardware Key the radio now".  Press a hardware PTT (foot pedal, mic button, CW paddles). 
    • The message "Your radio has been unregistered" will be displayed when you have successfully unregistered your radio from your SmartLink account.

There is no need to delete your SmartLink account even if you do not plan to use it ever again.

If you just want to log out of SmartLink you can do that from the radio chooser window. Click on your name on top and that will bring up the logout screen.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you l logout, it should do what you require. There is no unregister button.

• Rolf Krogstad
    Rolf Krogstad Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    RESOLVED -- my understanding of this was faulty. Unregistering was not needed. I simply needed to log out of my friend's remote session by clicking on his name/call near the top of the SmartLink window. Thanks Mike VA3MW.

Answers

• Rolf Krogstad
    Rolf Krogstad Member ✭✭
    Options
    BTW, I am running SmartSDR v2.7.6 with my Flex-6500. The remote Flex-6600M is runs SmartSDR version 3 which I do not own.
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Rolf, sounds like you don’t intend to access the 6600M anymore, but if you do the version 3 software is a free download. The paid-for version 3 license resides in the radio. Either one can be run from the same pc.

• Rolf Krogstad
    Rolf Krogstad Member ✭✭
    Options
    John KB4DU - good to know thanks.

On my problem, I may not have been clear: I do NOT have an UNREGISTER button.
    How do I unregister this remote radio?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.