Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How do I disable multiFlex?

I use a 6400M. Have been using it standalone, but thought I would connect it to a laptop with SmartSDR just to see how that works. All was well until I activated multiFlex, and then things got confusing. Now, I can't seem to disable multiFlex. The multiFlex menu in the radio has no option for turning it off and I don't see any options for turning it off in the laptop interface. I am using Smart SDR v 3.2.39 with a Windows computer.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓

Tap menu then Radio. Tap Switch Versions. It will disconnect from the radio and go to the version chooser screen.

Dave wo2x

Answers

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭

Maybe you could describe what is confusing? I have a 6600M with 3.2.39 on it. If I have the front panel disconnected and run SSDR to the radio, it acts as if there is one GUI connected. If I have no SSDR connected, and have the front panel connected, it acts like one GUI, no confusion at all.

If, of course, you connect both the front panel GUI and SSDR, you are running multiFlex.

• schacterfoto
    schacterfoto Member ✭✭

Thank very much Ted. How do you disconnect the front panel?

• schacterfoto
    schacterfoto Member ✭✭

Thank very much. How do you disconnect the front panel?

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

As a summary for MultiFlex:

The radio is a radio server that will allow you to share the radio with 2 clients. A client being

• SmartSDR for PC
    • SmartSDR for MAC
    • SmartSDR for iOS
    • DogPark SDR

Dave mentioned on how to disconnect the front panel how there is no requirement to do so as there.

I hope that helps

• on5po
    on5po Member ✭✭

Hello everyone, if possible, I want help, I have just upgraded from a Flex 6700 to a 6600M, recent used, with smartlink, multiflex

I would like not to use smartlink, and to have as on the 6700 the commands on the desktop, to have if it is possible on the maestro, at least the change of the frequency, which is now blocked.

Currently, only the desktop commands work, the maestro does not follow.

is it possible to make the change as above

I did a factory reset, nothing changed, I tried to follow the procedure in the user manual, which explains how to go to the smartlink, but not go back.

who can help me if possible with screenshot

Have a good day

73 on5in, Janny

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Janny, put your front panel into SmartControl mode. This will allow the front panel to track with SmartSDR.

Here is a link to the documentation. Look in Section 9:

Post back here if you have any problems with this.

• on5po
    on5po Member ✭✭

Thanks Leon, I'll look

73, on5po, Janny

• on5po
    on5po Member ✭✭

Thanks Leon, I'll look

73, on5po, Janny

• on5po
    on5po Member ✭✭

Hello len,

, I followed the instructions in section 9, perfect, there is still one problem, how to make the "smart control mode" window disappear to have the spectrum.

Thank you for your help

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Janny, in SmartControl, you do not get the panadapter or waterfall on the front panel/Maestro. I suspect this is to keep the network bandwidth reasonable.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

To go back to the Spectrum view, just hit Exit in the lower left of the screen. That will close SmartControl and let you get back to the main display ( you may have to select Operate again) .

James

WD5GWY

• on5po
    on5po Member ✭✭

Hello James,

if you use "exit" then "operate", you come back with the "smart control" window

In my opinion, the 6600M is designed for remote control of another tx,

For normal use in smart control, it is better to buy a 6600 without the "Maestro", incorporated, unnecessary expense, I would ultimately use it like a 6600 or 6700, my old flex, on my side I don't do remote control .

Thank you for your help.

ON5PO, Janny

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023

Janny, I apologize, after you get to the window where you can select SmartControl there is the option to select RUN. Your current, installed, version of SmartSDR will be highlighted. Select, Run, and you will be back to the front panel itself. And, if you are still running SmartSDR on your pc, SmartControl will no longer function till you go back and select again.

I find that sometimes, I like using SmartControl on my pc with SmartSDR. Other times, I just like using my 6600M standalone with no pc involved. For me, that makes the M model radios more versatile without having to add additional hardware like the Maestro. It's all about having options.

James

WD5GWY

• on5po
    on5po Member ✭✭

Thanks James,

If I understand correctly it is impossible to operate the smart control of the PC (panadaptor) and that of the Maestro at the same time.

I continue to use the mouse as I always have.

Thanks a lot for your help

73, on5po, Janny

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.