Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How do I disable multiFlex?

I use a 6400M. Have been using it standalone, but thought I would connect it to a laptop with SmartSDR just to see how that works. All was well until I activated multiFlex, and then things got confusing. Now, I can't seem to disable multiFlex. The multiFlex menu in the radio has no option for turning it off and I don't see any options for turning it off in the laptop interface. I am using Smart SDR v 3.2.39 with a Windows computer.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Accepted Answer

Tap menu then Radio. Tap Switch Versions. It will disconnect from the radio and go to the version chooser screen.

Dave wo2x

Answers

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭

Maybe you could describe what is confusing? I have a 6600M with 3.2.39 on it. If I have the front panel disconnected and run SSDR to the radio, it acts as if there is one GUI connected. If I have no SSDR connected, and have the front panel connected, it acts like one GUI, no confusion at all.

If, of course, you connect both the front panel GUI and SSDR, you are running multiFlex.

• schacterfoto
    schacterfoto Member ✭✭

Thank very much Ted. How do you disconnect the front panel?

• schacterfoto
    schacterfoto Member ✭✭

Thank very much. How do you disconnect the front panel?

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

As a summary for MultiFlex:

The radio is a radio server that will allow you to share the radio with 2 clients. A client being

• SmartSDR for PC
    • SmartSDR for MAC
    • SmartSDR for iOS
    • DogPark SDR

Dave mentioned on how to disconnect the front panel how there is no requirement to do so as there.

I hope that helps

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.