Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Driving relay with TX1-TX3

Options
I would like to use TX1 to operate a relay that will be used to switch an antenna. Will I need to put a clamping diode across the coil and what is the maximum current that TX1-TX3 will sink?

Answers

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I would use a clamp diode across the relay coil.

From page 26 of the "Hardware Reference Manual": The TX Relay outputs are designed to handle signaling levels of up to +40 VDC @ 140 mA maximum.

Gayle K0FLY

• normancyyj
    normancyyj Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your response. I intend to switch in different antennas for transmit on different bands when operating remotely on antenna 2

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.