Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Low input power for Power Genius XL

Options

Hi all,

after connecting the Flex-6700 to the Power Genius XL, I noticed that quite a bit of power from the transceiver is needed to get an output of 400 W. Now for me, with this output power of 400W, about 3W of input is enough. The amplifier does not show any errors, it works normally, but I am afraid if this is not an abnormal behavior. When I had the IC-7851 to obtain an output of 400-500 W I had to enter 20W input. Has anyone had a similar situation?

Slawomir

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

What band, what SWR? What mode?

Use Tune button to measure carrier power with amp in standby and then again in operate. Report back what radio power (standby), amp power, SWR and frequency. I will compare my PG XL.

Dave wo2x

• Slawomir
    Slawomir Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Dave,

I set tune 2W input. 80m band, SWR 1: 1 dummy load 50 ohm. 80 m band 3.717, 000 Hz .Output power shown on display PGXL 219W.

Slawomir

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi Slawomir

You also didn't mention if you had MeFFA turned on or off.

• Slawomir
    Slawomir Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello Mike, everything has become clear. In the EU version, PAD 4db is disabled by software.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.