Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CAT Ports Lost

Options

About every week I lose my cat ports when starting SmartSDR on the computer. Then I have to create them again with new CAT numbers as the old numbers cant be used again.

This has been happening quite regularly as of late. I did go back and free the CAT port numbers a week or so ago as was running out of them that will be accepted by my logging program.

Anyone else seeing this action? Any ideas to solve? Thanks Jim K4JAF

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Jim, Please open a support case and the guys will work with you on this.

• Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Mike, will open a ticket. Jim

• John K3MA
    John K3MA Member ✭✭
    Options

Jim, I have also had the CAT ports suddenly disappear and then had to go thru recreating them. It would happen a couple times a year. When you have a lot of CAT ports it becomes a PIA and I finally decided to find if a setting file backup solution might make life easier when it happens.

Here is a thread the shows in one of the posts where the CAT and DAX setting files are located so that you can back them up manually if you choose.

John K3MA

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.