Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CHANNEL memory 60M

I might be missing the obvious and trying to speed along setting up my 6400. 60 Meters is channels USB. How can I set them up in memory? Smart SDR users manual is not clear on this.

Seems that it assumes that I'm using FM and repeaters and slices and yabba yabba.

How to eliminate the other parameters? Or another hint in SmartSDR was something called PROFILES. Seems more options and maybe friendlier...........dunno

5-channels of 60M frequencies USB 100 Watts of RF. This isn't brain surgery.

Thanks a lot

FRED..........KC4MOP

Answers

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭

I believe this shows all the pertinent info:

• sdrwow
    sdrwow Member ✭✭

No this did not answer my question. I know the freqs.

I want to get them in a memory position in Smart SDR so I do not have to keep entering them to call CQ on that band. There is a memory ability in SMARTSDR but it thinks I'm setting up FM repeaters and tones.

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

I would set them up in FRStack.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

You can use the memories. They are general purpose, so you see FM repeater info there as well. Just ignore items that don't apply, and they will work great. I have a mixture of repeater and HF frequencies. To keep them straight, I prefix the name with HF or FM, then sort by name.

• sdrwow
    sdrwow Member ✭✭

Thanks Ed and Len......I'll try the memory app built into smartsdr, and give it a whirl. FRstack is another app that has to be downloaded and now dealing with slices.

It'll take some experimentation and hit and miss to drill down on this.

Fred KC4MOP

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭

Hi Fred,

Sorry I misinterpreted your question. I would like to add that in addition to the memories I have set up profiles for 60 Meters which include TX bandwidth settings so I don't have to set it manually each time I go to 60 Meters.

Geoff AB6BT

• sdrwow
    sdrwow Member ✭✭

Hey Geoff.

No problem at all....I have been looking over the few ways to get 60m in some style of memory and read from SmartSDR that profiles were a much easier approach toward the memory issue. I remember way back with a Flex SDR1000 that when you selected the 60m band the "channels" were already configured. Like set in stone.

Fred

• sdrwow
    sdrwow Member ✭✭

PROFILES are SWEET. I set up 60M under the global tab. Memorizes everything involved with the radio. Microphone brand, EQ, power setting ........amazing

Thanks

Fred

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.