Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Waterfall Freezed on my New Windows Laptop

Hi, yesterday i have bought my new laptop and today i have installed the latest version of smart sdr, the connection works fine, but when i start SmartSDR and connect my Flex-6300 he waterfall is completly freezed.. the tuning work, if i move the "VFO" i hear the station in band but the spectrum scope and the waterfall is freezed.

i have tried to uninstall and reinstall the aplication but nothing change, If i try to open smartSDR on my desktop PC all works fine…..I don't know how to fix this problem.

Please let me Know. Many Thanks IZ2FOS

Best Answers

Answers

• Robby
    Robby Member ✭✭

Try this:

Intel has posted a new graphics driver today to replace the BETA version from June 8th.

I have installed it and it seems OK. I had some issues with the install due to windows defender deciding that the exe was a dangerous file. So I downloaded the zip version, unzipped it and did the install.

SSDR is running without problems. I can't test it with games as I don't have any.

This new driver corrects bugs in the original and also fixes a graphics problems in the intel 11th generation processors.

You should check the release notes and ensure your processor version is on the list. Find your processor version in settings/system/about.

Robby/HP3SS

• Randy KN4YBA
    Randy KN4YBA Member ✭✭
    So today stopped by Best Buy and purchased the Dell Inspiron 7506 2n1 Laptop/Tablet, 11th Generation Intel Core i7-1165G7, 16G ram, 512 SSD with the chargeable active pen and touch screen. It only took a short time to set the Dell with SDR software. But once I loaded the SDR software at the recommended 3840 x 2160 display resolution with the scale layout at the recommended 250% the waterfall was freezing or not working what so ever. Everything else worked great except the waterfall. After working on changing the settings I finally got the waterfall to work with the scale layout set at 175%. But it was not perfect and all the fonts in other applications was too small for my old eyes.

After reviewing this discussion and doing research with Intel discussions I tried the two different new drivers released by intel in June and July. These did not fix my issue. I then went into the control panel under Hardware/Device manager/Display adapters and disabled the Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics. Doing this completely corrected all the waterfall issues at the default 3840 x 2160 display resolution with the scale layout at the recommended 250%. What I found was the only thig this impacted was in tablet mode it would not rotate the screen but for me in tablet mode it still worked great. Once they update the driver for the 11th Generation Intel Core i7-1165G7 it will correct this minor issue.

This laptop/table with touch screen is absolutely wonderful for use with my Flex 6400 as a remote station.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.