Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to open all four slices using a 6600M on the desktop?

Still new in using the 6600M. I feel foolish asking this for I stumbled upon successfully opening all four slice on the desktop before but the 6600M has again reverted back to open a slice on the 6600M thereby limiting to only three slices able to be opened on the desktop. I have multiplex enabled. How do I turn off the slice on the 6600M?

Best Answers

• rsobol
    rsobol Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Ken at tech support provided the solution. I need to "disconnect" the Front Panel from the radio by going into "Radio" and then "Switch Versions". This will perform the disconnect and then 4 slices can be opened on the desktop. Thanks Ken....
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓

yes I know that, I was just telling him why he only has access to 3 with smartsdr.

go into the m control panel and select settings, then radio chooser the it should log out the M panel and give you the 4th slice.

hope I remember this right

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓

Yes, just go into the Menu and select switch version. That will disconnect the M model slice.

Answers

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭

lower left corner: curve symbol with a +

• rsobol
    rsobol Member ✭✭
    The curve symbol with a+ is not lighted. It extinguished when "C" slice was opened. Trying to open "D" slice on Desktop. The 6600M still is showing a pan adapter. Need to turn that off in the 6600M. Thanks
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭

....then at any slice is a 2. RX open - alle together are 4

have no other idea

73 Chris

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

The M panel takes up 1 slice , so you have one on the M panel and 3 on the desktop.

• rsobol
    rsobol Member ✭✭
    Hi Bret,

There is a way to prevent the M panel from taking up 1 slice. I had it happen but do not know how to replicate. I do know that when the 6600M booted up, the M panel showed nothing. Only then could I have 4 slices using SmartSDR on the desktop.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.