Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TX Band settings

I am using ver. 3.2.31 and a 6700 with a PGXL.. I set the RF power in the TX Band settings on each band so I don't over drive the amp but they do not have any impact on the output of the 6700... How do I save them so the output is set to the level I input on the chart.... On the TX window on the SET UP window the max. power is set to 100... does it over ride the 'tX Band settings?... If so, of what use are the TX Band settings?

73 Bruce AH0U

Answers

• Uli DF5SF
    Uli DF5SF Member ✭✭
    Hi Bruce,
    here the same problem with Flex-6400 and V3.2.39. Please help

73 Uli, DF5SF
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Uli,

What is the issue you are having? The maximum power setting is a global power limit, meaning the power will not exceed that amount on any band.

How are you measuring the TX power out after setting your desired power in TX Band Settings? If using the TUNE button, keep in mind that the TUNE power slider is not the same as the RF power out slider. You could transmit in FM with no TX audio to see the power out.

Dave wo2x

• bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭

Was there a resolution on this issue?

I have just submitted a help desk ticket on this subject. I need to run full power on bands except 40m and 17m. 6600 with 3.2.39

Bill W9JJB

• David Decoons, wo2x

Bill,

elaborate - are you saying you need to run thr radio at 100 watts to drive a PGXL to legal limit?

Several things. What mode? What are you using for a wattmeter? What is the SWR on other bands?

It is NOT normal to have to use that much drive. Open a help desk ticket before you possibly do more damage to the amp.

Dave wo2x

• Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin

The TX Band Settings Table SETS the power for each band and saves it in a Transmit Profile, but does not LIMIT the power on each band, nor does it prevent the power from being changed. If you change the power with the power slider on any particular band, the change will be remembered for that band, on that TX Band Settings table and Transmit Profile.

If you want to set a hard limit on Maximum power output, you need to set it in "Settings Radio Setup TX > Max Power" This is a global override that will limit the output on ALL bands.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

• David Decoons, wo2x

DDUtil will still do power per band using AutoDrive tab.I just set it up today for W2ZMZ to have his Acom 2000a with older RCU be able to follow frequency of radio. Even if you bump up the power on the radio, next time you change to that band power is set to what is programmed in DDUtil.

Dave wo2x

• RogerG
    RogerG Member ✭✭
    What is the GEN shown in the TX Band Settings?
  • RogerG
    RogerG Member ✭✭
    Thanks Geoff: However---I am keying an amplifier and with no entry in the keying line TX1 the amp will not be keyed. For example, if I put the GEN to TX2...and all other settings point to key the amp which is TX1....nothing happens until I move the GEN to the same TX1 which keys the amp. I hope I described this......I only came to find this by experimenting with different selections in the TX Band Setting matrix.
    Rog, WB8NDC
  • Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭

Not near a radio now. But are you saying that unless you select TX1 for the GEN (band) that you cannot key the amp on say 20M?

• David Decoons, wo2x

If you are saying moving GEN to TX1 works then you are transmitting outside the amateur radio bands.

The GEN is for frequencies outside amateur bands (MARS/SHARES) and on the 6500/6700 requires a special TURF file. On the 6400/6600 it requires the extended TX module in addition to the TURF file.

If you are on 7.180 for example then the 40 meter entry in TX Band Settings would be what you want to change.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.