Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

When two transverters are fitted is it possible lock vfo A and vfo B together. A on 144mhz, b 432mh

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Yes, I think using FRStack.

The question is why would you want to do that?

If for Satellite use, you will not be happy with the result since the radio will not track doppler correctly and you won't follow AMSATS "one true rule" for satellite operation. https://www.amsat.org/tag/tuning/#:~:text=The%20One%20True%20Rule%3A%20tune,the%20end%20of%20the%20transponder.

It would be best if you used something like SATPC32 on Windows or MacDoppler on MAC to ensure a much more seamless operation.

If there is some other reason, I would be interested in hearing about it.

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Set up Slice B tracks Slice A from the "Radio" menu on FRStack.

Alan. WA9WUD

• [{"insert":"Thank you Mike for the solution, I will try it out tomorrow as I have a zoom radio club meeting tonight.\nIt is for Satilite use, but for Q0-100 geostationary. I currently convert on receiving dish 10ghz to its if of 739 then to 144mhz, I tx on 432mhz to an up converter to 2.4ghz dish and an amplifier nominal 20 watt but need a lot less. This is all working via another radio but the flex will give me a better display but I will have to check stability. \non vfo A I will tune to a set usb frequency then tune vfo B to the same by hearing myself coming back down the link then lock B to follow\n Vfo from then on. Hopefully.\n I have only had the flex 6600m for a few weeks lots to learn and enjoy.\nThanks again for your help\nregards\nBernie MW0GBW \n\n"}]
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Thanks Alan

I had forgotten that he added 'reverse' and for Q0-100 the world is different.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.