Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Windows 11

2»

Comments

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭

I got it to work yesterday after I posted on the notebook using the compatibility troubleshooter which is different than Win 10. I have it working on two machines now with no issues.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Great, glad to hear that you got it solved!

• Ronald Bloss
    Ronald Bloss Member ✭✭

Here's an example of how extreme the hardware requirements to upgrade to Windows 11 are, quoting part of an article on Zdnet:

Will your PC run Windows 11? Even Microsoft can't say for sure | ZDNet

"Of course, not all PCs with that CPU generation are old. Microsoft's most expensive PC, the Surface Studio 2, is available for sale today starting from $3,499.99 and can be configured to cost $4,799.99. And what CPU is in that brand-new PC if you pay that lofty price tag today?

An i7-7820HQ, that's what. No, it's not on the list of compatible CPUs, which means if you go online today and pay Microsoft nearly five grand for their most expensive Surface PC, they won't allow you to upgrade to Windows 11. You're in the same boat if you have a Surface Pro 5 (aka Surface Pro 2017), which was the top of the Surface Pro line until its successor was released in October 2018, less than three years ago."

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭

I am pleased to report that I have WIN11 running on my newest PC which includes a processor not on the 'list of compatible processors' . It is however part of a family of processors that MS claims is minimum required. The preview upgrade went with out a hitch just like the normal Win10 upgrades. SSDR opened with no problem and all of my normal radio apps are running.

But MS may change things before the final release of Win11 and your milage my very.

AL, K0VM

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Thanks for the info Al. I appreciate the work and risk it takes to beta test an OS. I was a beta tester on Win 95 back in the day...

• Ronald Bloss
    Ronald Bloss Member ✭✭

To add my experience with Windows 11, I have a machine, a Lenovo Mini PC, Core i5, 8 gig ram that got the Windows 11 beta installed thru the Insider program. SmartSDR and all ancillary software I have tried on it runs without incident so far. This includes some digital stuff, WSJTX, and KD9DUR's accessories, the SWR plotter and others. I don't use Slicemaster and haven't tried that yet.

Even on this fairly old Core i5 it does seem plenty snappy.

Ron, KG0J

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.