Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

S Meter peaks to max.

Jay
Jay Member ✭✭
edited June 2021 in SmartSDR for Windows

I have noticed so far on two instances that my S meter peaks to max although the signal I'm listening to is not that strong. So far I have noticed this once on 15 meters and once on 20 meters. And no indication in the waterfall as to a strong signal.

I have a Flex-6300 running 3.2.67

Win 10.

Jay n2gq

Comments

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

@Jay I don't know what 3.2.67 is. I have 3.2.39 running on my 6400M. I have seen this phenomena quite frequently.

• Mike Steventon
    Mike Steventon Member ✭✭✭

I had this on my SSDR for Mac, and 6600m. Marcus advised just close down SSDR software, re-start the app, and off you go again. Worked like a charm! Worth a try with your gear?

73 de G4GWH Mike.

• Jay
    Jay Member ✭✭

HI Ed.

I am running 3.2.37 is the latest I have installed. I had stated the hardware version.

It just happens momentarily. It never requires me to reset. I never seen this happen to my 6300.

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

@Jay Same here. I would download and install 3.2.39. It's been very stable for me. Except that little glitch.

• Jay
    Jay Member ✭✭

Hi Ed

I just updated to 3.2.39. I will keep an eye on the meter see if that fixed it. I was talking to my buddy in Pensacola Fl.the other day and he seemed to peak to 60 over. I said wow conditions must be good 😀 then It happened again on the other band.

Jay n2gq

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

@Jay It's still there in 3.2.39, but it's just a little glitch. Other than that the meter works as well as it should. The software behaves as I think it should.

• Jay
    Jay Member ✭✭

Hi Ed

I thought I saw the peak in s meter but not sure. Will keep checking.

Jay n2gq

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

@Jay I've seen it quite a bit.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

This is a known and documented bug.

It does not impact any operational issues and is just a visual concern.

• Dave K5OZ
    Dave K5OZ Member ✭✭

Mike,

Thanks for letting us know that this bug is documented! I have noticed it also with the latest firmware installs

Dave

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭

No idea of what causes the condition, but shutting everything down including powering down both the radio and the computer fixes the problem. I have only seen this condition twice in last 6 years.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

This is a software bug. It will likely come back if the right conditions happen.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.