Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro B update to 3.2.39 failure

K9SO
K9SO Member ✭✭

Can anyone who has done this update help? Mine isn't going well.

I updated the radio and my PC to 3.2.39 and everything works.

I updated my Maestro A and everything works.

I tried with the Maestro B and the update loads, but now it shows "NO RADIOS FOUND" and I can't log into my account (I only get the infamous "OK" that this was supposed to solve.

I'm missing something here.

Fred

K9SO

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Fred, do you have a static IP address specified for the Maestro? If so, try setting it to DHCP and see if that helps.

• K9SO
    K9SO Member ✭✭

Hi Len,

I do have it set for DHCP but I'm pretty sure this is an upgrade issue. The upgrade for Maestro B is supposed to take hours. This upgrade took only a minute or two.

On the version screen, where it usually shows a blue arrow and says "SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD REQUIRED" for unloaded versions, there is no such arrow on 3 different versions of the software (3.2.39, 3.2.34, and 3.1.12). That is something very abnormal and began when I tried to upgrade to 3.2.39

73, Fred

K9SO

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Ah, OK. Have you tried upgrading using the wired ethernet port instead of WiFi?

• K9SO
    K9SO Member ✭✭

Yes. I am not on WiFi. At this point, I can do nothing since it has become non-responsive.

I opened a ticket, but so far all they've said is RTFM. That hasn't helped

Fred

• K9SO
    K9SO Member ✭✭

Still no tangible help from my open ticket either. All they say so far is RTFM and try again. No help there so far either. I get one response per day from them and now, with the 4th holiday coming up I fear this will take a very long time to resolve.

Has ANYONE successfully upgraded the B to 3.2.39? No one has responded to his thread and said so. I'm beginning to wonder ... .

The upgrade has bricked my Maestro B which now displays very strange behavior on the VERSION screen.

K9SO

• K9SO
    K9SO Member ✭✭
    edited July 2021

The version screen shows 3 versions that do not require a download. This is abnormal behavior. See attached.

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

K9SO I have the Maestro Version B and completed the update on the first day the software was released. Total time of the update was a little over 3 hours.

If your update process took less time I would recommend trying again...make sure you are on a wired wifi connection. It will take you several hours to complete the update process. During that time it will reboot...

73 Ronald, W4RJF

• Lasse SM5GLC
    Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭

I guess there is a Catch22 here... the Maestro says no d/l neccesary for 3.2.39 but the install managed to fail, if it only took a few minutes. Question is how to reinstate a proper d/l and install here.

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭

Lasse this is what I would try...I would try to downgrade to an earlier version on the Maestro...after that update completed I would reboot the Maestro and try to install the current version...

73 Ronald, W4RJF

• K9SO
    K9SO Member ✭✭

Thanks for all the suggestions. I tried every one of them. In the end, I had to send the Maestro back to Austin for re-imaging. The upgrade certainly didn't work ... at least for me.

Fred, K9SO

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Yes, it had to come home for a SPA day and be re-imaged. If you are watching, it was received Monday and is now being shipped back.

• K9SO
    K9SO Member ✭✭

As always, the Flex support team took good care of me. It had to be re-imaged after I tried the update. I've received it back and it's working well now. Some other issues were fixed too such as the microscopic login display screen.

A good day at the spa.

73, Fred

K9SO

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.