Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Microphone is not working

Hi,

I am trying to transmit using my Headphones w/ Mic but there is no audio going out. I've tried several profiles, both on TX and Microphone profiles: macOS_default_Profile and Default. On MIC option I chose MAC. I checked OUTPUT device and it's correctly selected.

Any help appreciated.

73 Paulo

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Paulo, which radio are you connecting to and which mic connector? Also what mic are you using, and what is the pin-out of the mic?

• Paulo CT1ETE
    Paulo CT1ETE Member ✭✭

Hi Len,

I am using a Yamaha CM500 on a MacBook Pro with a USB-C Adapter.

I think the problem is with the TX profile MACOSDefault.

Paulo

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Oh, OK. Are you using the little battery box that came with the CM 500? The mic requires a bias voltage to work.

• Paulo CT1ETE
    Paulo CT1ETE Member ✭✭

No. I idon'thave the battery box. I always used the CM 500 with the windows version of SmartSDR without it. It's plugged to the computer not to the radio.

• Randy KN4YBA
    Randy KN4YBA Member ✭✭
    I have a complex setup of microphones to Mic Mixers to include the CM 500. For the CM 500 to work I must have two AAA batteries installed. Without out the batteries the CM 500 mic does not work.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

A few things.

Make sure DAX TX is off when in SSB mode.

You might find this video may help you out. If, after you review it, let us know if you have any questions.

• Paulo CT1ETE
    Paulo CT1ETE Member ✭✭

Thanks Randy and Mike for the help.

I finally got my CM500 working with my MacBook Pro and SmartSDR for MAC.

73, CT1ETE

Paulo