Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR CAT restore?

Options
g0mfr
g0mfr Member ✭✭
Hi Folks,
My PC had a hiccup and rebooted itself - when it came back up all my SmartSDR CAT config had gone (winkey/n1mm/wsjt/skimmer etc).
Is my config stored somewhere that I can restore it from otherwise looks like I'm configuring it again from scratch?
Thanks
73 Gareth G0MFR

Best Answers

Answers

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I forgot to say that you can also try a System Restore to a point before the unwanted reboot. That may recover the original file if it does not exist in backup or in the actual folder.

• g0mfr
    g0mfr Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks a lot Erik! I didn't have a backup CAT.settings folder. I did consider a system restore but figured it would be easier to just set everything up again from scratch. It was a lot easier second time round hihi I am now fully working again and have taken a backup of my settings!! :)
    73 Gareth G0MFR
  • Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Options

Ok well done Gareth. Yes, I saved the CAT, DAX and SSDR settings files to an external drive. Also I do a daily back up. And have system restore on. I also had the reboot hiccup, in my case following the W10 June culmulative update to 21H1. With these safety nets I was back up in 2-3minutes 😊

73 de Erik.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.