Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL should do a reboot, reset and self check when power down and re power your Flex Radio

Julie KC0TMD
Julie KC0TMD Member ✭✭
edited June 2021 in New Ideas

A hot topic with PGXL is when it goes off line, it is lot harder to to find the IP Address, and you end up having to power down and re power to get it to find the IP address again. I feel that there needs to be fix that when you power down your flex radio, that the Amp would detect there is no IP, and then wait reboot and self check you get when you power down and re power it again.

It very hard to find a remote Off and On device to power down and power up the PGXL. Since this is not easy to attain in the US Market because most everything is on 120 Volts. Most people don't like the inconvenience of attempting to peace together a make shift power relay unit. Please come up with a better way of rebooting the PGXL that is stress free.

I Notice that sometimes that my PGXL reboots at times on its own doing the check sum of the self test and comes back on line. Since this is set onDHCP, that it is seeking a new IP Address. This should be something in the software to change that, to do that each time the Radio is powered off and on.

Thank You

1 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Julie

I have tried to recreate this and I was not able to do it, so it sounds like it may be DHCP server (aka your router) on your network that maybe be contributing to this not working as it should.

Can you set up a DHCP reservation on your router for your PGXL and see if the problem goes away?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.