Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Full Duplex

Can someone help here?

I am experimenting with full duplex so i can monitor my own signal. I change the antenna to a receiving antenna but in slice A and in slice B the antenna changes. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• W2JV_
    W2JV_ Member ✭✭

Cy,

Mike VA3MW has an excellent video on achieving full duplex, find it in the FLEX video files on you tube.

Peter

W2JV

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭

Cy,

The 6300, 6400 and 6500 only have one SCU ( RX AD converter) which can be connected to only one RX antenna at a time.

The TX antenna and RX antennas can be different .

AL, K0VM

The 6600 & 6700 have two SCU's...

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Cy,

As Al mentions above, you will need to have the transmitter on one of the antennas and the receiver on either the RX only antenna or the XVTR.

Check out these two videos from Ken Wells, NM9P. He explains the process in excellent detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LytzQGpE5ZM

Here is the video from Mike, VA3MW. Also a great presentation.

• Cy Stanway
    Cy Stanway Member ✭✭

Perfect! I followed the directions and did it.

Thank you!

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Excellent!! I am glad you got it working. I used these videos when I first got my 6400 and they helped me to get great audio reports. I never thought I would use full duplex as I do not do SO2R contesting, but this use really helped my audio quality. Thanks Mike and Ken for the great tutorials!

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Glad you got it working. It is an amazingly powerful feature.

• Cy Stanway
    Cy Stanway Member ✭✭

yes. your videos are very helpful, for sure.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.