Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I have a Starlink question

Ed Stallman
Ed Stallman Member ✭✭

I'm on the waiting list for Starlink but at 30 deg Lat I'm sure I'll be waiting a while .

With Starlink being Beta I'm reading their will be short periods with no internet . My question is with the loss of signal will my Flex 6600 loss connection with my Lan ? I don't care if I'm without internet for short periods but I went through a time when my 6600 would lose connection 2 or 3 times a week . I'm not sure why but after installing V 3.2.31 I've not list connection .

I think theirs a problem doing remote with Starlink . I don't do remote so not a problem with me .

Anyone with a Flex Radio using Starlink or can anyone tell me if I will lose connection with Loss of internet signal ?

Thanks Ed N5DG

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@Ed Stallman

You will not have an issue operating a 6600 without internet.

All Flex 6000 radios do NOT require any internet to operate. They do require internet if you want to so an upgrade on the software from a majour version to a majour version.

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Ed

I have Starlink.

As Mike says, Starlink will not affect your LAN.

Starlink is a Carrier Grade Double NAT, so you will not have a public IP address, so no Smart Link remote access.

You can choose to not use the supplied StartLink Router, as I did, Just plug the StarLink "Dish" into the WAN port of your existing router.

I use a PepLink Speed Fusion router, with a second Internet Provider, to fill in the gaps. However, the Starlink gaps are now very few.

I also use another Peplink Router to establish a hardware based Server to Client VPN, with level two bridge. If one of the two ends of the tunnel are on a public IP, the Peplink VPN will find the other end's public IP, if the tunnel is initiated from the Starlink, non-public IP, end. Because I can bridge the level two packets in the VPN, my Flex Server is seen remotely, via Starlink.

Alan

WA9WUD

• Ed Stallman
    Ed Stallman Member ✭✭

Thanks Mike and Alan , Got on the waiting list at the end of March so I'm guessing the end of this year but I'm in no hurry. I've read allot about Starlink on Reddit but happy to hear for a Flex user using Starlink

Tnx Ed N5DG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.