Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SO2R (TX Switching) possible with MAC?

Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
edited May 2021 in SmartSDR for Mac

Has anyone succeeded in getting SO2R work with any logger in the MAC OS environment?

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP

To help explain what Kari is looking for is OTRSP for the audio plus being able to run 2 Slices at the same time.

• Mike thanks for input. I am almost there. But I am curios of the function of SO2R Global Profile TX2 and TX1 in this environment. Even when I change manually Slice A (one panadapter) to slice B (another panadapter) I am not seeing the corresponding TX profile being switched from SO2R TX1 to SO2 T2. So what triggers TX switching from slice A to B? Is it CAT or SO2R profile? This shoudl be possible without OTRSP as I see it. 😉

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Hmmm... I have to give that some thought as I really don't do much with profiles. Maybe others can chime in.

In the N1MM world, it is N1MM that moves the transmitter focus around. OTRSP handles the audio making sure you are in Stereo or Mono at the right time. There is a lot of communication going on between the N1MM+ software and the radio.

From a N1MM+ perspective, it actually sees the radio as 2 unique devices. Then, CAT moves the transmitter focus as required. That is the "Autoswitch TX" switch in SmartSDR CAT for windows. N1MM+ will say on Radio 2, go to TX. SmartSDR CAT will then move the TX focus to the required slice. It really isn't managed with profiles at all.