Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

IC-7851 connect for Power Genius XL

Hi everyone,

Today I got my dream Power Genius XL. My radio is IC-7851. How to connect them to the Genius XL? IC-7851 is not on the utility list. There is also no RS-232 port. The LAN remains. Any of you already used the IC-7851 with Genius?

Slav

Comments

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭

They say change the hex address to mimic one of the icom radios listed and only 9600 baud but I couldn’t get it to work with my 7851. It did work one time oddly enough when I also ran HRD. But haven’t had any luck since. Just use the RF detect as I do this is highly reliable

Peter

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Hi @Slawomir

The simple fix is to change the Hex address in the radio to match one of the radios in the pick list for the PGXL setup.

However, can I ask you to open a support ticket as well to request that the IC-7851 be added for the future?

73, Mike

• Slawomir
    Slawomir Member ✭✭

Hi, I have opened a Ticket to add IC-7851 to Utility. But I can't work on CI-V cable. Connection is unstable. Is it necessary to change the address when selecting IC-7800? Advice how can I still combine the 7851 with the Power Genius XL?

Slav.

• Slawomir
    Slawomir Member ✭✭

Hi Peter,

I work at 9600 bd and it works intermittently. I changed the address to 6A because this is the address I have IC-7800. I don't know how to enable RF detection. I don't see this option in the PGXL program. I would like to add that I use microKEYER III for IC-7851. CI / V signal is taken from IC to MKIII and MKIII has 3.5 mm CI / V jack output which I connected with PGXL cable. DO I have to disconnect the CI / V cable to use the RF detection option?

Have a nice day, it's already evening for me.

Slav.

• Slawomir
    Slawomir Member ✭✭

Hi,

I changed the utility radio to the IC-7000 and everything works fine. Thank you for your help.

Slawomir

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭

That’s interesting!? I have several things attached and all just read data. Even with the hex address charges I cannot get it to work reliably or at times at all

Tge amp automatically senses RF does a fine job with that

what settings did you you use for your 7851 I have the same setup ??

Peter

• Larry Burke
    Larry Burke Member ✭✭

Slav... I also have an IC-7851 and a microKEYER (mine is a microKEYERII, not III). I've had no luck at all in making these work with the PGXL. Can you send me an email at wi5a@sbcglobal so we can compare settings, please? 73, Larry K5RK

• Torsti
    Torsti Member
    Hello hello everyone, now I have the Icom 7800.Where is the big secret to connect the device now neatly with the power genius.

Actually, it was said that the new software allows the settings of the hex addresses, but that does not seem to be the case yet. Everyone is talking about the 6h address. But I can only select 8... hex addresses in the software.

Also in the instructions for the device (men do not read instructions) everything seems to be quite simple. but unfortunately my 7800 doesn't find that.

in the Icom is now 9600 Baud at CI-V and the address is 6Ah. But I can't change this to 8N1... also in the software I can not make any adjustments. But there must be a way to make this adjustment properly. Is there a video or a picture documentary?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.