Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New user, can’t get 6400m to finish setup.

Jim_Walroth_MD
Jim_Walroth_MD Member ✭✭
edited May 2021 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hello! I am in need of assistance. I am a new FLEX 6400m owner and I am stuck trying to setup my rig.

I am trying to follow the Instruction Manual step by step, I only wish to setup the radio for local connection right now.

I get this far:
“Maestro update complete. Select radio to run.” I hit “OK” and I get a please wait screen which never goes away.

I have to turn off the power supply to get out of it.

I’m sure that I am missing something easy, but can’t seem to figure it out.

Please help!

Thanks and 73

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Jim, Have you tried a factory reset yet? With the rig turned off but power applied, press and hold the power button until it turns white, then release it. When you power off the rig, don't turn off the power supply. either press the power button or open the remote on jack. Let the unit go through its power down routine, then wait a couple of minutes for the Maestro part of the rig to do its power down routine, and then you can shut off the power supply. Not sure if any of that applies to your situation, but thought I would mention it, just in case.

• Jim_Walroth_MD
    Jim_Walroth_MD Member ✭✭
    Hi Len. Yes, I have tried factory reset several times. There is probably something very simple that I am missing, but I keep re-reading the Manual and , frankly, I am stumped.

Thanks for your suggestion, though, and 73!

Jim
  • KD0RC

I think the next step is to submit a help desk ticket. The Flex folks are really good at remote troubleshooting.

• Jim_Walroth_MD
    Jim_Walroth_MD Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Len. That sounds like a great idea!

👍
  • KD0RC

Hi Jim, I just thought of something to try. Can you bring up the 6400M with no internet connection and no computer connected? If that works, the next thing to try is connected to a computer. You can just plug an Ethernet cable between the Flex and your computer (once connected, you will need to reboot both the computer and radio to establish the IP address). Once the Flex is running, start SmartSDR on the computer. If that works, then the issue is likely in your network setup. Hopefully any info that you get from these experiments will move the troubleshooting further along when you chat with Flex.

• Jim_Walroth_MD
    Jim_Walroth_MD Member ✭✭
    [{"insert":"Hi Len,\n\nonce again thank you for your kind assistance.\n\n I will have to wait until tomorrow to try it. I promised my wife “no playing radio” on Mother’s Day!\n\n73,\n\nJim N3AWS \n"}]
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited May 2021

@Jim_Walroth_MD

Can I recommend you open a support ticket. Please make sure you describe the model of radio and the version of software you are using.

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202118688-How-to-Submit-a-Request-for-Technical-Support#:~:text=Just%20click%20on%20the%20Sign,of%20the%20HelpDesk%20home%20page.

• Jim_Walroth_MD
    Jim_Walroth_MD Member ✭✭
    I think I may have found the problem. If so, it is an issue with my LAN. I would like to hold off on submitting a trouble ticket for the time being.

I greatly appreciate your response and assistance!

Jim N3AWS
  • Jim_Walroth_MD
    Jim_Walroth_MD Member ✭✭

My continued efforts haven’t worked. I am opening a trouble ticket.

Thanks to all who have tried to help.

Jim N3AWS

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.