Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

3.2.34 FW profile data base conundrum

Hi Everyone

I have an issue and I'm looking for advice. Bare with me here.

A few weeks ago I had saved off my 3.1.12 profiles then upgraded to 3.2.31, imported the 3.1.12 profiles, than exported the 3.2.31 profiles for backup. Had the boot crash issue and was sent out a new SD card that had 3.1.12 on it, imported the 3.2.31 profiles into 3.1.12. It's been running fine now for a week with 3.1.12.

Now I want to try the 3.2.34 FW, but some how, for reasons I do not know, I discovered I no longer have the original 3.1.12 profiles, the only ones I have are the 3.2.31 and an older 3.1.8. since I am running the 3.1.12 FW can I just save/export this profile and hope that it isn't corrupted from 3.2.31? Or did 3.1.12 rewrite the profile and fix it?

Which one do I import?

I could just rebuild the profile from scratch but that would involve a lot of Mic, power, Transverters, and other config. settings.

This is on a 6600.

Fun Right

George N1NAZ

Best Answer

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓

Hi George

I'm not sure how you lost the 3.1.12 profiles. At no point do we move or delete the exported files (there is no delete command in the code).

You can try this and see if you can find them.

Open a Command Prompt in Windows

cd \

c:\>dir *.ssdr_cfg /s | more (in my example below, all my fies are on my F: drive)

This will list all the files ending .ssdr_cfg on your screen. Hopefully, that will help narrow it down for you in case you saved them in some other place.

Answers

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

Mike, unless you copy the profiles OUT to a separate directory when you use the SmartSDR Delete routine built into the Windows10 installer and you uninstall a version it DOES delete the config files and directories as well at least on my Computers.

If I remember right on some of the older version 2's the Uninstaller didn't delete the files and stored them seems like in the "Users \User name" directory.

• George M.
    George M. Member ✭✭

HI Mike and Bret

I did a scan and unfortunately did not find any 3.1.12 SSDR_config files.

Somehow it was deleted.

Anyway Question still stands, try importing one of the files I do have or create from scratch.

I do have backups of my drive(s) I will look through those, although I only keep the last three backups and its done weekly

• George M.
    George M. Member ✭✭

Update, I did not find a backup of the 3.1.12 config file either.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

GM

I tested this and talked to engineering about this.

The installer (and uninstaller) has no knowledge of the data backed up by the profile manager so when you do an uninstall it is not able to go delete previously saved profiles or memories.

Are you sure you backed it up correctly and the backup (export) actually did get executed?

If you want to test this, do another Export and then use Explorer to go look at the directory. You should see 2 files. One for the profiles and 1 for the memories.

Let us know what you find.

• George M.
    George M. Member ✭✭

Mike

Yes the backup (export) worked fine, It probably was deleted by accident by me.

That is not the issue anyway, Question still stands, do I try importing one of the files I do have (see above in original post) or create from scratch? I guess after all this time I could have just re-created all my setting and be done with it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.